Provincial Institute for Teacher Education (PITE) Balochistan is an apex institute in the field of in-service teacher education that is functional since 1996. It is working in close coordination with the stakeholders and plays a key role in the capacity building initiatives of the teachers in Balochistan. PITE Balochistan was functioning under Bureau of Curriculum Balochistan till 2007. In 2008, it was put under the direct reporting line of Secretary Government of Balochistan Education Department vide notification No. SO (Academic) 1-2-08/1449-53, Dated 03/03/2008. The purpose of this paradigm shift in the administrative control of PITE Balochistan was to allow it play its mandatory role more effectively. PITE is instantly rendering services in the area of teachers’ professional development through interactive activities to promote participatory, active, cooperative and life-long learning practices in educational institutions of the province. Its practices are in line with the mandate assigned by the department and teachers’ needs in classrooms in pedagogy and content.up
PITE has the vision to improve the quality of education in Balochistan through in-service teacher education.
The mission of coveted institution is to enhance the quality of education in the field of building professional capacity of teachers, leaders and managers, develop instructional material and conduct research activities in order to assess the impact of its mandate.up
Objectives of PITE
- To boost up the quality of education through in-service teacher professional development.
- To build capacity of managers in educational leadership and management.
- To develop materials for professional development of teachers and managers.
- To develop materials for effective teaching learning practices.
- To carry out research activities for the betterment of teaching learning practices.
- To conduct TNA (Training Needs Assessment) for the identification of hard areas for teacher training.
Academic Faculty of PITE Balochistan is skillful, experienced, specialized from renowned national and international universities having expertise in teacher training, teaching learning material development and educational research conduction.up
- Standard Classrooms for Teacher Training.
- Laboratories; Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Well-furnished Computer Lab.
- Spacious Library.
- A Well-Equipped TRC (Teacher Resource Center).
- ECE (Early Childhood Education) Center.
- Fully-Furnished Conference Room.
- Multi-Purpose Auditorium.
- Academic Block.
- Mess for 70 Trainees’ Refreshment.
- Male and Female Separate Hostels.
- Residential Colony for PITE Faculty.
- EU (European Union)
- JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency)
- CIDA (Canadian International Development Agency)
- PMU (Project Management Unit) / BESP (Balochistan Education Support Project)
- BRSP (Balochistan Rural Support Programme)
- TRC (Teachers’ Resource Center) Karachi
- PRP (Pakistan Reading Project)
- Mercy Corps
Director / Principal
|1||Mr. Muhammad Anwar||24.06.1996||02.11.1999|
|2||Mrs. Sultana Baloch||24.11.1999||05.10.2001|
|3||Mr. Mushtaq bajwa||05.10.2001||26.01.2002|
|4||Mr. Muhammad Farooq Akbar||26.01.2002||01.04.2003|
|5||Mr. Noor ul Haque Panezai||01.04.2003||14.01.2009|
|6||Mr. Muhammad Anwar Shah||14.01.2009||22.12.2010|
|7||Mr. Ratan Chand Pahuja||23.12.2010||16.08.2011|
|8||Mr. Pir Muhammad Seyal||16.08.2011||08.02.2013|
|9||Mr. Muhammad Akbar Baloch||09.02.2013||16.03.2015|
|10||Mr. Amanaullah Rind||03.04.2015||30.04.2015|
|11||Mr. Nazar Muhammad Kakar||30.04.2015||06.12.2016|
|12||Mr. Muhammad Dawood Tokhai||06.12.2016||10-09-2018|
|13||Mr. Zafar Yasin||12-09-2018||05-03-2019|
|14||Mr. Ijaz Azeem Baloch||05-03-2019|